1 / Beauty / Fashion – Cinema / TV / Special Effects6 months
Held: From September 2014 to February 2015
Duration: 6 months - 645 hours
Course Hours: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Price: 6,650 € (all taxes included)
Beauty / Fashion / Enhancing Facial Features
- Essential skin concepts
- Anatomy and morphological studies of different faces
- The makeup artist’s approach
- Complexion, eye, mouth and eyebrow makeup
- Shading techniques, light and shadow techniques
- Corrective makeup techniques (concealing scars etc.)
- Makeup: from the most natural to the most sophisticated
- Makeup for mature skin, bridal and ethnic makeup (dark and Asian skin)
- Lighting analysis basics
- History of makeup from Antiquity to the present day
- Makeup techniques for photography
- Makeup techniques for the catwalk (Showrooms, Haute Couture and Designers)
- Fashion makeup through the years
- Practical advice for adapting the techniques taught to different professional contexts (photo shoots, fashion shows, weddings, etc.)
Cinema / TV / Special Effects
- Approach and organization on television sets
- Lighting concepts and techniques on set (outside, day and night)
- Makeup for men and women (natural, corrective and sophisticated)
- Makeup for television: presenter, reporter and guest sets
- Music video makeup for singers and dancers
- Progressive aging for films (using makeup products and latex)
- Fitting hairpieces
- Products for recreating special effects on the skin (blood, latex, glue, artificial flesh, etc.)
- Use in different contexts: cinema, TV, etc.
- Grazes, scratches, bruises, injuries
- Particular skin features (diseases, corpse-like appearance, textures, etc.)
- First, second and third degree burns
- Explosions, strangulation marks, bullet wounds
- Applying and making up small prosthetics
6-month training > From September to February
ASSESSMENT OF THE 6-MONTH TRAINING COURSE
Following their training course, students submit 12 photos of their makeup for 6-month examination.
This portfolio is assessed by a panel composed of professional makeup artists and Dany Sanz, and then serves as evidence of the student’s professional skills.
This course is aimed at the talents of tomorrow who are looking for a complete high-quality training course with a view to becoming a Professional Makeup Artist.
Registration terms and conditions
Application fees: 80€ (only by bank card, online payment or bank transfer)
Deposit payable upon registering, to confirm participation on the course: 1,995 €
Balance to be paid no later than 10 days before the start of the course: 4,655 €
Methods of payment accepted: debit/credit card, cash, bank transfer.
If the above fees have not been paid within the full 10 days before the start of the course, your registration will be cancelled.
Ancillary costs: Products Kit
SIGN UP TO A LONG TRAINING COURSE
Students are selected on the basis of their application file (administrative file and artistic portfolio assessed by the teaching body) and an individual interview with an Academy teacher who evaluates the candidate’s motivation and artistic sensitivity.
All classes are held in French, perfect fluency is required.
All successful candidates must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of the course.
FUNDING YOUR TRAINING COURSE
Funding provided by funding bodies or employers is permitted.
Funding is possible through: Pôle Emploi/Fongecif/AFDAS/OPCA/Regional Councils/Uniformation/Mission locale Under- 25s, etc.
- Students can use the services of a photographer affiliated to the Academy while compiling their portfolio
- MAKE UP FOR EVER offers kits at discounted prices at the start of the course and a 50% reduction at the Academy’s Pro Loft and in MAKE UP FOR EVER stores (5 rue la Boétie, 75008 Paris and 5 rue des Francs Bourgeois, 75004 Paris)
- After training, students who become Makeup Artists can at any point obtain a Professionalsonly Backstage card (i.e. a reduction of 40%)
- The Paris MAKE UP FOR EVER ACADEMY is a government-approved training centre