PERSONAL DATA & COOKIES
The website makeupforever.com/fr/fr-fr is published by MAKE UP FOR EVER, a French société anonyme with a share capital of €1,050,000 registered in the Trade and Companies Register of Paris under the number B 318 309 267, Siret no. 31830926700033, with its registered office located at 5 rue de la Boétie, 75008 Paris, France. Tel: 33 1 52 18 61 10.
MAKE UP FOR EVER does not knowingly collect or use any personal data relating to anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that any such information has been submitted to us, we will delete the information as soon as possible .
Any personal information that you transmit to MAKE UP FOR EVER for our use is subject to the provisions of French Information Technologies and Freedoms Act no. 78-17 of 06 January 1978.
1. What type of information is collected?
1.1 Personal Data
Your privacy is important to us. Depending upon how you use our websites or other services described below, we may ask you to share personal data with us.
"Personal data" includes, for example, your name; your address; your e-mail address; your telephone number; your credit card or other payment information; and demographic information and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
MAKE UP FOR EVER will ask you for information, including some personal data, if you use one of our services, for example:
- When you sign up for the newsletter or request a product catalogue, you are required to furnish an e-mail address in order to be able to receive information with respect to product launches, professional tips, events, etc. Become a registered user: in order to register, you will be required to furnish personal data, such as your e-mail address.
Personal data that we collect for such purposes and which is indispensable to meet your request is identified by an asterisk in the applicable form. If you do not fill out any of these required fields, we will not be in a position to respond to your request.
1.2 Use of the Website
IP Address and browsing data
When you visit our website our servers automatically collects data from your servers. This information, known as an IP Address, is the number that is assigned to you when you are on the Internet. When you visit the pages on our website, our servers may record your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our servers may also save information as to a referring page that contained a link to our website (e.g., another website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this website; the website you visit after this website; the advertisements you have seen and/or clicked on; other information about your web browser, your computer, software and the settings that you are using, any search terms you have entered on this website or another referring website, and other Internet usage activity recorded on our servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our servers, as well as for the management our website.
This information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and internet service provider.
We may use "clear GIFs" (aka "Web beacons" or "pixel tags") or similar technologies, in the Website and/or in our communications with you to enable Us to know whether you have visited a Web page or received a message. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a Web page or in an e-mail that communicates to Us whether you viewed an email that we sent you or visited a certain page on our Website. A clear GIF may enable Us to relate your viewing or receipt of a Web page or message to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
2. Right of access, rectification, deletion and objection to processing
You possess a right to access, rectify and delete personal data that relates to you, as well as the option to object to the processing of such data that you can exercise at any time by contacting
Director of Publication: Nicolas CORDIER, CEO
Editor: Caroline GRANGE, International Digital Director
Via a letter to the following address:
MAKE UP FOR EVER France
Customer Service Digital Marketing Europe Department
5-7 rue du commandant Pilot 92 200 Neuilly-su-Seine
Or an e-mail to:
3. How is the Personal Data Used?
3.1. Aims in the collection of personal data
MAKE UP FOREVER will only collect personal data with respect to you that it strictly necessary for the following purposes :
- Administration of your subscription for the newsletter (subscription and cancellations)
- Use of services offered by the Website
- Transmission of information as to products, services and offers available from MAKE UP FOREVER
- Statistical information in order to know the usage made by visitors to the website (frequency of consultation of the various website pages, sales statistics and geographical location of visitors to the website, etc ).
- MAKE UP FOREVER may provide visitors, who have expressly given their prior consent, with e-mails containing offers with respect to products or services furnished by commercial partners of MAKE UP FOREVER or that have come from the latter.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to compile and publish generic information with respect to the profiles of visitors to our website without however indicating any personal data, such as the name and address of the visitors.
3.2 Retention of Data
The data will be retained for the period necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
3.3 Recipient of the Data
The recipient of the personal data collected is MAKE UP FOR EVER.
The personal data collected by MAKE UP FOR EVER may be transmitted to affiliated companies, when:
- You have given your prior consent to the sharing of this information
- The sharing of such data is necessary in order to provide you with the service that you require
- Our sweepstakes, competitions and other promotional offers are sponsored by another company
- MAKE UP FOREVER is required by a court or any other administrative authority to transmit the information to it.
For the technical requirements for the management of the storage of your personal data, your data will be centralised on the central servers of our service provider located at 8 Rue de l'Industrie, 93200 Saint-Denis FRANCE.
Host for the website www.makeupforever.com:
Hosted by: LinkbyNet
Address: 8 Rue de l'Industrie, 93200 Saint-Denis FRANCE
Phone:033 (1) 48 13 00 00
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am–7:30 pm
In the event that MAKE UP FOR EVER is acquired by one or more third parties following a transaction involving a purchase, merger, sale, reorganisation, consolidation or liquidation, or if we dispose of or transfer our properties or assets, the personal data may form part of the assets transferred.
3.5 Security and Confidentiality of Data
MAKE UP FOR EVER has tried to implement all necessary precautions to preserve the confidentiality and the security of any personal data processed and to prevent it being distorted, damaged or destroyed or any non-authorised third-party gaining access to such data.
Technical and organisational security measures in conformity with industry standards, including with respect to the IT systems, have been implemented.
However, MAKE UP FOR EVER cannot control all risks related to the operation of the Internet and Internet users should be aware of the existence of the possible risks inherent in the use and functioning of the Internet.
If you choose to become a registered user, you will be responsible for keeping your password strictly confidential, and you will also be liable for any access or use of our websites by you or by any other person using your password, with or without your authorisation. You agree to (a) immediately notify MAKE UP FOR EVER if there has been a non-authorised use of your password or your account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you sign off at the end of each session. It will be your responsibility to monitor the use of your password, and any use made of it to access and connect to your account and to notify MAKE UP FOR EVER when you wish your account to be deleted. We shall not be liable for any loss or any consequences which result from your failure to comply with this condition.
4. Send to a Friend Functions
You can use our website to send a wish list to your friends. In order to do so, we require you to fill out the following fields: names and e-mail addresses. We may also ask you to indicate the name and e-mail address of your friend for the purposes of sending the information to them. We only collect this information to ensure the sending of your e-mail is technically possible. We do not store or record data as to the recipient.
5.1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that can be saved in the dedicated space on the hard disk of your device* when you consult an online service using your web browser. A cookie permits the issuer to identify the device on which it has been saved, during the period the cookie is valid or saved.
* The term "device" refers to the hardware (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use to consult or display a website, an application, advertising content, etc.
5.2. Cookies originating from our website
Whenever you connect to our website, we may, if you have chosen to accept them, install various cookies on your Device which permit us to recognise the browser on your Device for the duration of validity of cookie in question.
The Cookies that we use permit us to:
- establish statistics and volume of frequency and use for various items included on our Website (pages and content visited, browsing history) permitting us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- adapt the presentation of our Website to the display preferences of your device (language, display resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visits to our Website, in accordance with the hardware and display or browser software included on your device;
- adapt our advertising to the display preferences of your device (language, display resolution, operating system, etc.), in accordance with the hardware and display or browser software included on your device;
- adapt the advertising content displayed on your device in accordance with the browsing history of your device on our website;
- adapt the advertising content displayed on your device in accordance with the location data (longitude and latitude) transmitted by your device with your prior consent;
- associate personal data, to the extent you have furnished us with such data when you registered for or accessed one of our services, in particular your digital coordinates, with the browsing information with respect to your device in order to send you, for example, digital offers or display on your device, within the advertising spaces included on our Website, personalised advertising specifically intended for you that is likely to be of particular interest to you;
- memorise information with respect to a form that you have filled out on our Website (registration for or access to your account) or products, services or information that you have selected on our Website (services subscribed for, content of an order basket, etc.);
- permit you to access reserved and personal spaces on our Website, such as your account, through the use of your username or data that you have previously provided us with;
- implement security measures, for example when you request to connect to new content or a service after a certain lapse of time.
5.3 Third Party Cookies on Our Website
5.3.1. Cookies originating from third party applications integrated into our Website:
We may include third party software applications on our Website, which permit you to share the content of our Website with other people or inform other people of the content you have consulted on our Website and of your opinion on it. These third party applications include the "Share" and "Like" buttons used by social networks (such as "Facebook", "Twitter", etc.).
The social network that has furnished the application button is capable of identifying you thanks to this button, even if you have not used the button when you visited our Website. In fact, these types of application button permit the social network in question to follow your browsing history on our Website, whenever your social network account is active on your Device (an open session) when you are browsing our Website.
We have no control as to the procedures employed by the social networks for the collection of information with respect to your browsing history on our Website and the related personal data that they hold. Please consult the privacy policies of the social networks in question to discover the purposes, including advertising, for which they use browsing data that they are able to collect using these application buttons. These privacy policies are required to permit you to exercise your choices with respect to such social networks, in particular through your account settings for the use of each of these networks.
5.3.2. Third party targeted advertising Cookies on our website:
Our website may contain third party cookies (from advertising agencies, audience research companies, targeted advertising service providers, etc.) which permit these third parties during the period of these cookies are valid to:
- collect browser information with respect to the Devices consulting our Website.
- determine the advertising content for the promotion of products and/or services offered solely on our Website and likely to correspond to your interests as deduced by the prior browsing history of the device in question.
5.4. Your choices with respect to cookies
You can set up and modify your settings with regard to cookies at any time, using the methods described below.
5.4.1. The choices offered by your web browser:
You can configure your web browser so that cookies are saved on your Device or, in the alternative, systematically rejected depending on their origin. You can also configure your browser in such a manner that you can decide each time whether to accept or reject a cookie, prior to a cookie being saved on your device. For more information, consult the heading "How to exercise your choices, depending on the browser you are using"
(a) Consent as to Cookies
The saving of a cookie on a device is essentially dependent upon the consent of the user of the Device, which the user can establish and modify at any time, free of charge, pursuant to the settings available in their browser software.
If you have agreed in your browser software to accept cookies on your Device, the cookies included in the pages and content that you have consulted may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your Device. They are only readable by the issuer of the cookie.
(b) Rejecting Cookies
If you have set your Device to reject cookies, or if you deleted the cookies that have been saved, you will not be able to benefit from a certain number of functions which are nevertheless necessary to navigate in certain spaces on our Website. This will be the case if you attempt to access content or services which require you to be identified. This will also be the case when we, or our service providers, cannot identify, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser being used by your device, its language and display settings or the country from which your Device appears to be connected to the Internet.
In all circumstances, we shall have no liability with respect to a decline in the functionality of our services resulting from Sephora's inability to save or consult the cookies necessary for their operation that you have rejected or deleted.
(c) How to exercise your choices, depending on the browser you are using
Each browser is different with respect to its cookie preference settings. The settings are described in the help menu of your browser, which will permit you to know how to modify your settings with respect to cookies.
For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies, browser
For Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
5.4.2. "Flash"© cookies from "Adobe Flash Player"™
"Adobe Flash Player"™ is a software application that permits the rapid development of dynamic content using the "Flash" programming language. Flash (and applications of the same type) remember the parameters, preferences and use of content using a technology similar to cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player"™ manages this information and your personal settings via a different interface to that used by your browser.
If your device is configured to visualise content developed in the Flash language, please consult the tools available for you to manage Flash cookies accessible directly on the website http://www.adobe.com/fr/.
5.4.3. Expressing your choices online using specialised advertising platforms
With respect to advertising cookies, you can also connect to the website youronlinechoices, offered by the digital advertising industry through the EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
You can also discover the companies registered with this platform, which offers you the possibility of accepting or rejecting cookies used by its member companies to adapt advertising displayed on your device to your browsing history: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/.
This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising companies and is intended to act as a centralised interface for you to express your choice as to your acceptance or rejection of cookies intended to adapt the advertising displayed on your device to its browsing history. Please note that this procedure does not prevent the display of advertising on the websites you visit. It only blocks technologies which permit the advertising to be adapted to your interests.
5.5. If you share your device with other people
If your device is used by several different people and when the same device includes several different browsers, we can provide no assurance that the services and advertising intended for your Device properly corresponds to your use of such device and not to another user of the same Device.
You will be solely responsible and liable for any sharing, if applicable, of your Device with other people and for the configuration of your browser settings with respect to cookies.
For more information as to cookies and their use, you can consult the information made available by the French Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés at the following address: http://www.cnil.fr.
7. Contact us
Last Update April 2016